Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Beginning of a New Blog

Here it is. My new blog, dedicated to musing about the balance (and lack thereof) that exists between all the different aspects of my life. Mothering, marriage, cooking, painting, exercising and gardening are the things that give me greatest joy. Oh, yah, then there's work. Teaching and research also bring joy on those days that I allow them to. Although I know that I love these things, I find it difficult to commit to do any of them well...or at least as well as I know I can. My hypothesis is that if I let go of the wheel and let God have His way, I can have my heart's desire in all of these areas. My prayer is that I have the confidence to wear whatever hat it is I'm wearing at the moment and to do so with joy and conviction. And in doing so, I hope to do the work that God will have me to do. I WILL work that hat, girl! Amen!

You might expect to see upcoming posts about:
1. Food
2. Exercise
3. Art
4. Gardening
5. Child rearing
6. Marriage
7. Spiritual Growth
8. Teaching and Research

What will be to come?!

No comments:

Post a Comment